Living day to day

Does anyone feel that they are just living every day waiting to be with their loved one , like they are waiting for something to happen ?

6 Likes

Constantly. After being with my husband for 42 years there is no other option for me.

2 Likes

Yes - each day is one day closer to being with the live of my life. Sad way to live but I have found out the harsh way that planning for the future is pointless. We did plan for a wonderful retirement together - we never got to sample it.

3 Likes

It was the same with my wife and myself , I can’t see further than tomorrow . I carry on because I have no choice .

2 Likes

I carry on for my kids. We loved to travel and see new places. We had booked a holiday for this summer and for next summer in the week before he died. To not be able to share things like that with him is so, so hard. Sending hugs

1 Like

Thank you , we had planned to travel when we retired . I hope that when I retire I will do it .

1 Like

I’ve looked at travel for solo travellers because I know he’d want me to still do it but it’s not the same is it. The joy is seeing the person you care about enjoy it as much as seeing the new place - well it always was for me anyway.

2 Likes

That’s very true , I just hope my wife can see places through my eyes .

1 Like

I’ve also thought about travel abroad, but going to different places without Freda feels a bit like cheating. I think loss brings irrational thoughts, but then we’d always done things together. Luckily (and oddly) the last city we visited was Singapore, and it was where we met in the mid 1960’s. It was her favourite city and it would certainly feel like cheating to go back alone. Crazy I know.

4 Likes

I know what you mean, I think it will have to be different places that I visit. There were a few places that we loved and returned to as well as visiting new places. I don’t think I can ever go back to our favourite places - it would seem wrong.

Thank you , I don’t think it’s crazy . I completely understand , a lot of the time its willpower and love for my wife that keeps me going .

1 Like

Yes all the time after 43 years with my wife all I have left is my wedding album & memories and that is it.
I have no home I have no furniture I have two suitcases with some clothes and that’s all I have
So I’m just waiting for the day I can by with her again :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

@Jules4 I’m sorry to hear you loss , I too loss someone Someone who wasn’t in my life for long but has made a big impact in my life and myself I feel like I’m existing and not living being a mum of two if it wasn’t for my children and not having nobody else to depend on I truly wouldn’t be here today please do not hesitate in contacting me you are not alone xx