Loneliness

I never understood or could have imagined what loneliness really meant. You’re left to cope on your own. Although they have lost too its not the same as their life hasn’t really been affected on a daily basis. They don’t have to go to bed on their own, they are not alone in the middle of the night and they don’t wake up alone.
You can’t share your thoughts with your lost loved one. They’re not there when you come home. Yes, people tell you to meet people, join clubs, etc. It doesn’t help, you still feel on your own and long for your lost one back.
How can you move on? how does one cope?

3 Likes

Hi
That’s exactly how I feel.

1 Like

It’s horrible isn’t it? How do you think we could help each other?

1 Like

Wish I knew. Weekends are the worst for me. Sometimes it’s just nice to have someone to text someone who knows what your going through.

Sue…
… i too am in a similar situation…i have been waiting nine plus months and have been asking, no begging for a sign from my Richard who i lost suddenly and unexpectedly ( 11 th April 2019 age 74,… he would have been 75 two days ago…) if he can hear me, see me…all i want is for him to know I do love him, i do want him, i did love him, i did want him, if just to put me out of my daily misery…

Jackie…

Sue…
… i too am in a similar situation…i have been waiting nine plus months and have been asking, no begging for a sign from my Richard who i lost suddenly and unexpectedly ( 11 th April 2019 age 74,… he would have been 75 two days ago…) if he can hear me, see me…all i want is for him to know I do love him, i do want him, i did love him, i did want him, if just to put me out of my daily misery…I wont rest or be at peace until he knows this…

Jackie…

I too talk to my husband telling him how much I loved him and still love him and asked for signs so but I know he’s okay knowing he’s there to listen to me makes it a little bit bearable and I hope that when my time comes he comes to collect me I just think to myself he’s gone on ahead and he’ll be back at some point it’s all that keeps me going

3 Likes

That’s nice you still talk to him. Unfortunately I can’t do that as we didn’t live together

Tidd…
… that is unimportant…he knows your voice, he will hear you…talk to him…just keep talking to him…

1 Like

It’s good to talk. To get it off your chest. I speak to an empty room often. Say what you want to say to the empty room and hope that it reaches your loved one.
Maybe it does reach,maybe it does not. We don’t know, but it’s still good i believe to say it out loud. I see this talking to the room, as part of the healing process.

2 Likes

U really think so Jackie? There’s so much I wanted to say but never got chance

Tidd…
… just say it…just let it all out…keep saying it over and over again…I am, i will never stop until i know my Richard is hearing me…

Tidd…
… just say it…just let it all out…dont bottle it up…keep saying it over and over again…I am, i will never stop until i know my Richard is hearing me…

1 Like

We were going through a bad patch. I had panic attacks n started been agraphobic n he didn’t understand or know how to cope so he turned to booze. He said things were gonna be different in the new year n I didn’t believe him. Then he fell down the stairs n died. His sisters been clearing his flat out n found a card he had written saying he was sorry for not been there for me but he will be in future n he wasn’t a defeatest n would never give up on me. Iv been in bits ever since reading the card.

Talk to him out loud concentrate on your words and imagine he is listening. We don’t know if they are or not ask for a sign he has heard you you can talk as often as you want for as long as you want it’s part of the grieving process to get things out of your system

Even thought of going to see a medium
Get her to tell him I’m sorry I didn’t believe him

Absolutely, speak to him, as if he is there. I speak to an empty room. I say all I want to say. “Things like I’m sorry and I love you”. I intend to keep talking to my Mum until I don’t need to any more.
It can’t do any harm and it could do you a lot of good in the long run.

I would not bother…Myself and Richard went on my last years birthday to go see Psychic Sally Morgan performing live on stage…Well she never foresaw my Richard was going to be dead in 20 days time…he was…

Tidd…
…I would not bother, save your money…Myself and Richard went on my last years birthday to go see Psychic Sally Morgan performing live on stage…Well she never foresaw my Richard was going to be dead in 20 days time…he was…

I do exactly the same, sue-h, I chat away to my Stan, in fact I get on my own nerves. :smile:

2 Likes