Loneliness

It is nearly 6 months since my Dad died unexpectedly. During this time my father in law has also been diagnosed with a brain tumour and had surgery on this only 2 weeks ago. He is making a good recovery and this is positive but we don’t know the long term implications yet. I have had to take more time off work due to physical and emotional symptoms and the stress and anxiety that I frequently feel. This has just made me feel like a failure and I feel so alone. I feel stuck in a rut and my GP has done quite a lot of investigations to rule out other causes of my physical symptoms. I do wonder when things will feel better, when I will feel better.

1 Like

I’m so sorry that you’re going through this, grief hits people’s differently and you’re still grieving your father. This added stress has caused your body to go into a form of shock. Just know, that no matter how much it hurts you’ll be okay, you’re not a failure, you need to take time to look after your mental health. Everyone’s journey is different and take time daily to do one thing you do enjoy. Hope that you are able to relax and take some time for yourself, things will be okay.

2 Likes

Thank you for your supportive message. I really appreciate it. I will try to do one thing each day that I enjoy. Thank you for this reassurance that things will be ok.

2 Likes