Loneliness

I am a man and as a child I was abused by my dad and his friends l have always had problems making friends even family have always been distant when my second marriage ended I was lucky in finding a partner who was so understanding and she persuaded me to talk to my GP about my problems after two years I was diagnosed with autism spectrum my partner stuck by me no matter what the longest anyone else has stayed with me is about 10 unhappy years my partner has put up with a lot over the years but she showed unconditional love to me and me to her this year we would have been together 30 years the last three years she has been very unwell she survived Covid but she had COPD for a few years before last month she was taken into hospital and she said she will not be coming home and she was right four days after being admitted she passed away I have never felt so lonely and sad two weeks ago I attempted to end my life but I was taken into the local mental health hospital I am still not feeling great and don’t know how to cope day to day what makes it worse for me is I can’t communicate with other men

1 Like

Hi. So sorry to hear what has happened. This is a friendly and understanding place to be. Women and men who can relate to how difficult it is when you lose the person you love. Some advice I was given was not to think any further than the next cup of tea. You can be honest on here and no one will judge you. Know that you are not alone and we will all try to support you. Take care.

Thank you for your message it means a lot

You are welcome. Life can be tough but you have coped with so much. Reach out via this site and hopefully you will find strength to help you get through these difficult days.

1 Like

So.sorry for your loss and you will.get a lot of support on here I think lonliness is the worst part of grief well for me anyway and its good to know we are all in this together and know how we are all hurting sending you a hug xxx

1 Like