Lonely

I lost my mum in February this year, then my uncle, her brother last month. Everyone I grew up with loving me has gone. I have a husband and two children (19 &23) plus my husband’s family, but I feel so incredibly lonely. Like it’s just me know. I miss my mum every day. My dad died 14 years ago. My close friends live four hours away and I don’t really have anyone other than work colleagues here. Does it get easier? Sometimes I just want to lock myself away.

1 Like

Hi Angelja56

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community . I’m so sorry to hear about your mum, uncle and brother. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few resources with you that might be helpful.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few resources with you that may help you right now.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

1 Like

I want to give you a big hug right now and say Im sorry you feel lonley it hard to carry on when you have a family that you have to carry on with work all those people yet you can still feel like a very lonley place. Im sorry for you loss

1 Like

Thank you, it means a lot.

Big hugs i lost mum in August and my dad and brother are on there own paths and we all live in different countys. Although i do feel on my own there are others in the situation like on here that all on the same road.