Long days

Hi all
3 months on pain seems worst than ever

Hi Kim,
I know how you feel it’s seven months on for me and can honestly say it does seem worse.
We read about that light at the end of the tunnel we might see one day, but I don’t think I will ever see it without Tim.
Thinking of you and everyone on here x

1 Like

My mom said after a year you start to live without them my dad died 20 years ago and my younger brother a year before my mom said you never get over it but get used to living with out them like you say will we ever see a light at the end of the tunnel. My mom has never gotten over her son and my dad but has carried on. Can’t see that far ahead. You take care x

1 Like

It seems to be getting worse for me too , 7 months on from losing my husband. The pain has not eased and I feel that I am losing all of my confidence / self esteem. He was a larger than life character and an extrovert. I feel dull and uninteresting without him but that is nothing compared to the pain in my heart. x

1 Like

I feel exactly the same, my confidence has been shattered. Had to pop out yesterday for a few bits and was so anxious about going, just a simple thing, I was glad to get home. I do want to push myself, don’t want to be scared to go out.
We’ve got to live a different life and I hate it, as the time goes on I think the realisation of it all kicks in and we suddenly realise they’re not coming back.
It’s so hard x

1 Like

For the first months or however long it takes all we can see is hopelessness and despair. It will never be the same! Of course not.
This sudden realisation that they are not coming back is one of the hardest things to bear. It all seems so final.
And Steph. Your self esteem and confidence has taken a hard knock. If you feel you have to force yourself to go out then try and push through that barrier of not wanting and go. But if it all feels it’s too much leave it. It will come given time. It’s so difficult once your self confidence is shattered, and to try and return to something like normal is difficult. Try and accept how you feel without struggling with ‘IT’. We all need to accept that this is a new life for us. Being new it is filled with uncertainty and doubt.
But we must avoid at all costs that debilitating emotion despair. It drags us down and destroys hope. There is always hope and a faint light in the distance, but so many can’t see either at the moment. Take care everyone. Blessings. John.

2 Likes