Long days

Here we are at another long dark weekend. The days will be really long for me as due to a temporary staff shortage my carer is coming to me at 07:00 for most of the next week. It tends to increase the energy bills. Worse as it is wet,wild and windy here this morning. How I hate these long dark lonely days. Sitting here trying to decide what today’s task will be. Xx.

6 Likes

Yes I definitely prefer the summer, I always have. I thought the winter nights would be better but they seem so long and cold and I hate rain. It’s chucking it down right now.

The days seem to have slowed since the clock change. I’m back at work next week and so looking forward to the distraction. It must be so hard for you having to rely on other people and not get about as much as you want.

Roll on summer!

1 Like

Another wet, lonely weekend. I find during the lighter nights it’s easier to keep myself occupied. I’m in earlier and earlier now, which makes filling the evenings more difficult. The wet weather also limits the options for getting out during the day, unless you like walking in the rain (no!). We also have the prospect of Christmas looming which I’m dreading. But unlike @Pudding I can get out and about so shouldn’t complain. Roll on lighter nights and drier days.

1 Like

Despite the dreadful rain I have decided to have another attempt at painting the 3rd bedroom. Apart from that my day will be pretty empty, well my cats help a bit, and I still have this cough/cold thing. Still daughter is over tomorrow and then I have a very busy week, including 2 trips up to London! But it seems that it gets darker earlier every evening/afternoon and that makes everything seem awful. xx

2 Likes

At least it means I see someone every day. Neighbour just dropped back the mugs she borrowed for the coffee morning yesterday. Brought Barney who is a young dachshund. He didn’t want to go home. He is a sweetie.
With exercise, weight loss and doing more I am gradually getting more mobile. Maybe by spring I will be able to go for short walks with my rollator.
Well at least it’s stopped raining. Have as good a day as is possible.

3 Likes

I was reading that there is something going around and the cough hangs about. As I don’t get out I make sure I take a multi vitamin in the morning and a vitamin D tablet at night. Hope the painting goes well.

2 Likes

Thank you. Because of this irritating cough I decided not to go out to a concert at the local church last night, which was a shame, still hopefully I’ll be fine for y trip to the Disney exhibition on Wednesday and the early music festival on Friday. I take multi-vitamins most days but forget sometimes, thanks for reminding me. Hope your day goes well. xx

1 Like

Well only just past 09:00 and have now emptied the dishwasher, put washed clothes in conservatory to dry and put mugs neighbour brought back in the cupboard and put bottle of wine in fridge. Around 10 I will have coffee and biscuits as I have been up since 06:00 and will be hungry by then. I think this afternoon I will try and put the new bedding away and the new bedspread on the bed. I have to plan something to do or I will sit in my chair and watch rubbish telly or stare out the window. I actually set a timer on my iPad to do some exercises daily to help my arthritis.

It is going to be a very very long day. Still strictly later on a F1 in Brazil.

4 Likes

Well done, I know it’s so easy, especially when the weather outside is horrid, to sit down and watch stuff. Well I think I will now go and see if I can make some headway on painting the walls of the bedroom and then, if the rain has eased, I will pop up the co-op for a paper. Then I will try and do exercises later before having a shower, as long as my ankle is fine. Have a good and productive day. xx

2 Likes

Yeh its really awful isnt it :frowning: bloody excruciating xx

1 Like

I had big walk on canal with my dog this morning before it rained but sometimes when i do stuff i feel more alone … do you know.what i mean? Cos im doing it by myself. Think im going through a vulnerable stage at moment xxx

4 Likes

I know what you mean by feeling more alone. My husband used to do almost everything around the house. All those tasks I now have to find a way to do. Every one reminds me how alone I am. I never used to put stuff in the dishwasher as he would always re organise it. Though it was my way of getting it in the dishwasher or it would just sit in the side. Feeling a bit down tonight. Fireworks going off and I have always hated them.

2 Likes

Yeh i been like this all day ! Flipping weather really doesnt help xxx

1 Like

At least I haven’t had to suffer bad weather today. The sun has been out for a lot if the day. I must try and spread the jobs through the day. Having had to get up so early for my carer this morning I had done most of my tasks by 09:00. Same again tomorrow and I really really hate Sundays. Got an Ocado delivery tomorrow. Wow.

2 Likes

@Pudding it’s amazing how little things like a delivery can now be the highlight of our day. How things have changed :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Monday will be really hard as it will be exactly 5 months.

5 Likes

Just wstched annabel croft on strictly and she did a dance for her husband . It was so moving xxx

3 Likes

The other night I ended up watching a Scooby-Doo movie in an attempt to find some relief. It was just about the level of drama and engagement that I could tolerate!

3 Likes

I don’t understand how she kept it together. She is so brave.

2 Likes

She is ! She was overwhelmed at end though wasnt she ? Xxx

1 Like