Loosing Mum

Hi thanks for adding me to this group.
I lost my mum nearly 3 years ago.she had kidney and liver cancer but didn’t know.or she didn’t tell me but i will never know.she lived in spain so only saw her on video chat or when she came to visit. But when we knew it was in the end i went over never been on a plane before. I was on the way to the airport at 5.30 am in the morning and got a phone call to say she had died i never got the chance to say goodbye. I still went to spain.and managed to see her but it just wasn’t the same .i still feel lost .havnt told my family how i feel.just need someone to talk to really.

3 Likes

Hi @Tash123xx the loss of a parent can be a devastating grief to bear. It does help to spend time reflecting on your experiences and processing how you feel. Posting on here might be useful because there are plenty of people who can relate. I lost my Mum over a year ago now and still consider that I am working through my grief. There’s certainly no timeline, I’m trying my best to let things move forward because really it’s the only way. Sending best wishes xx

1 Like

Hi @Tash123xx
Welcome to this forum, my mom passed 3 years this April, I’m finding over her birthday, & in the run up to mother’s Day I’m crying a lot, she was my safety net, & I’m going through a lot at home at the moment, she would of supported me through it all. Sending hugs of support.

1 Like

@Tash123xx so sorry for your loss. This group is my go to when I am struggling. Mothers day tomorrow then my mums birthday on 5th Apr so a double whammy. Losing your mum is devastating mine was also my go to we live 4 doors apart and I had to move as it was awful going past hers and not seeing her at the kitchen window and my son struggled to. I am just over a year and not any easier you just have to take it a day at a time. Take care :two_hearts:

1 Like