Loosing my mum

Hello ive had loads of messages and talking to different people with there loss and it will be 2 years in September that i lost my mum and im still not coping every day is still hard and its not getting easier ive been to doctor’s spoke about my mum them nothing happened . Im still struggling and every other day im getting upset feeling low not been able to sleep i really miss my mum and a really want her back :sleepy::sleepy::sob:

5 Likes

Hello @Emmsybobs ,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It sounds as though these last 2 years have been a real struggle for you and at the moment you are feeling like you are not coping.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Another good place to get support is Cruse Bereavement who offer a helpline, email support, and counselling and support groups through their local services: 0808 808 1677​, helpline@cruse.org.uk, http://www.cruse.org.uk/bereavement-services . You may find these helpful.

Also you may find the following Sue Ryder Article of use, take a read when you feel ready. Losing a parent - coping with the death of a parent | Sue Ryder

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

1 Like

So hard to lose a parent and for me I can so relate to you as I lost my mother 14 months ago. It’s the worst feeling ever and you are not the only one struggling.

I do hope you can get on with things better - you will always feel the loss but perhaps, you’ll be able to take it with you and live with it a bit easier…

1 Like

I lost my mum suddenly just 6 months ago and it is just awful I miss her so much. She stayed close by and not seeing or hearing from her most days is heartbreaking. My son also misses his nana but there are certain things he does that reminds me of her. I think it’s as they spent so much time together and we lived with her for a year so they had their own little routine etc. You only get one mum and nothing can replace that. :broken_heart:

1 Like

I know your right you only get one mum just everything is still raw ive been to the doctors and all they do is give you tablets to help you feel better and thsrs no good but i feel like im going into depression im having to be nice to people when all i want to do is cry :sob:

2 Likes

I’ve just lost my mum one month ago feel overwhelmed with so many emotions finding it hard to switch off

1 Like

@Tidydave sorry for your loss. It’s difficult to switch off even after 6 months I still can’t. Someone said to me if I am busy with work etc does it take my mind off it, I said it’s a distraction but she is always in my thoughts as it was my mum. I just hope this journey gets easier for us all.

I feel you. I’m so sorry, I wish I could some how give you some comfort but I too am struggling. Its so fucking hard.

2 Likes

My mum was such a selfless person. So amazing.

1 Like

Its so hard and painfull. Been 2 and half years. My mum was such a selfless, caring person the things she did for us and everyone was amazing. She had a hard life but it didnt discourage her…amazing woman.

Im so sorry you lost your mum i try to get on with things but nothing works i have 1 or 2 days of feeling alright the rest i feel down i keep having flash backs of mum when she was in hospital with masked and wires all over the place and its just hurts becsuse she never deserved any of this :broken_heart: :cry: