Losing 3 family members in a short time

Not sure exactly what to write here but currently having an extremely hard time in life after losing my mum, dad and grandma in the last 3 years to cancer.

2 Likes

Hello @ScottishMan86 ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community. I’m so sorry to hear about the deaths of your mum, dad and grandma. I’d like to thank you for starting this thread and for sharing how you are feeling after losing so many close family members in such a short space of time.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

You might also want to try using the search functionality at the top (the little magnifying glass) to look for threads and posts from other members who have experienced the death of someone close to cancer - there are many people who I’m sure will want to help support you.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Lizzie

Hello, I can understand how you feel as I have lost both parents, my husband & a much loved pet to cancer in the last 4 years, it feels to me that Cancer has come in like a tidal wave & took them all, when the adverts come on the TV in relation to showing people getting told the “cancer has melted away” I have to turn the TV over otherwise it starts me in the path of why didn’t the treatment save my family?

1 Like

I feel the same as you when the adverts like that come on TV i think why didnt the treatment save my Mum and Husband

1 Like

Hi ScottishMan 86,

I honestly dont know what to say as reading your post made me so sad for you. The 3 closets people to you all gone is devastating . I lost my dad and gran years ago all withing 5 yrs and last month i lost my elderly mum. Nothing prepares us for the overwhelming grief. My mum was 89 and i was so lucky to have had her to reach such an age but its never enough. We did everything together just like so many on here. Please keep posting as people truly understand what you are going through. Cancer is awful. I am recovering from bowel cancer myself so understand a little . Nothing again prepares you for being told you have cancer.
Will check in on you again
Deborah x