losing a mum and anxiety

hey,
so i lost my mum 5 months ago and I think now the initial shock is wearing off as iv been to my doctors who have diagnosed me with panic attacks and anxiety attacks due to this.
I’m struggling most days and trying to find small helps but its hard.

2 Likes

Dear @squeels

Welcome to the Community. I apologise for the delay in replying. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of you mum and that you are struggling.

You have to come the right place for support and you are not alone.

I would like to guide you to the Sue Ryder Grief Self-Help Service , it has useful information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

Also there is information on Losing a Parent which has support and information for you to read.

You need to be gentle with yourself and take one day at a time. Sadly grief has no time limits. Take it at your pace.

Please continue to reach out and if you would like more information please email online.community@suerydercare.org.

Take care.

Pepsi

So sorry for the loss of your mum. My husband died in September and I started suffering anxiety which got worse til I eventually went to the doctors in march. I’m now on tablets which have helped. Anxiety is common with grief which is something I wasn’t aware of until I joined this forum.
Hope you start feeling less anxious soon but be patient with yourself.
Xx

I’m sorry for the loss of your Mum and your husband. I lost my Mum in November and I started having heart palpitations in her last few weeks. Even at the moment she passed as her heart stopped, mine was beating out of my chest and was painful like it was beating for the both of us almost. If I’m brutally honest, I hoped I would die with her. It’s massive what you’ve been through and the journey you find yourself on. We’re not in control so there must be an element of fear as we’ve had them in our lives for all of our lives. I don’t feel as anxious now as I did and the palpitations are nowhere near as bad. Please don’t worry about the anxiety it is “normal” for now. Look after yourself x