Losing a parent you cared for

Hi everyone, I’m new to this group.
It’s been 2 months since my mum died, and I feel now is the time to share feelings and try to deal with my emotions. I’m just wondering how others felt when a loved one that they cared for has died. I feel such a huge amount of guilt in many ways, primarily because I feel as though I should be at home caring for her, which leads to me feeling guilty that she’s no longer here.
Thank you for reading, any comments about similar feelings would be appreciated! It will help me to feel what I’m feeling is normal somehow.

I’m so sorry to hear about the death of your mum. Losing someone when you were their carer does add an extra dimension to grief for a lot of people - caring takes up such a huge amount of your time and energy, and then you are left with a huge gap in your day-to-day life and routine.

I’m glad that you’ve taken the step of joining this community and sharing your feelings. I hope it helps even a tiny bit to be able to get things off your chest. You are among people who understand here. While you wait for more replies to your post, you may also find it helpful to read and reply to some other posts in the Losing a Parent section of the site: https://support.sueryder.org/community/losing-parent