Losing a parent

My dad died 2 years ago. I was very close to him and miss him so much. I haven’t felt myself for a long time.and feel quite lost. I know that he wouldn’t want me to be sad but it’s hard not to be. I find myself not wanting to do things but I haven’t got a reason as to why I don’t want to. I just don’t. Not sure that makes sense because it doesn’t really to me, I think it comes across that I can’t be bothered but that’s not the reason. I want to apply for a new job but at the same time I don’t want to. I don’t want to go to family events because I don’t want to do things without my dad. There is a family wedding soon and because of covid this is the first event since my dad died that I will go to. I hope some of that makes sense.

2 Likes

Hi Annie, I was talking to my daughter yesterday about her dad dying last year and how she was really coping.
What you have said is exactly what she told me. No motivation at work can’t be bothered to do things and generally feeling unwell.
I told her your still greiving dad and it will just take time.
Family events can be difficult, weddings especially when all your family is there except one, your dad. Could you take someone with you for moral support, if you find it too hard to stay just slip away quietly.
Just be kind to yourself, one step at a time X

1 Like

Hi @Debbie57 thank you for your message. I’m very sorry about your husband. Thank you for your kind words. I’m going with my mum and most of my brothers and sisters so there will be plenty of people I know. I can go to the hotel room if it gets a bit much.

3 Likes

It’s good to know you won’t be on your own, you will have close family to support each other because your mum will need that too.
I hope the wedding is not to difficult for you all.
Take care, Debbie X

2 Likes