Losing a partner

Lost my husband on boxing day 2020.no motivation most days.miss him so much.he was my world.loved him💙x

2 Likes

Hello Christine
Thank you for your reply which I much appreciated. My biggest challenge at the moment is to stop thinking about what I would have done differently had I realised that the week beginning 14 January 2019 would be our last few days together. Having lost my parents and my brother over the past 30 years one realises how different the emotions are with the loss of one’s soul mate. Like you I try to say to my friends make the most of what you have.
Take care.
Sarahx

1 Like

I lost my husband on Christmas Eve 2020, I struggle every day to just get out of be, it is a massive effort . People keep saying I am doing well, they should see me at night when they are not around. Once I read that grief is like living two lives. One is where you pretend that everything is okay and the other is where yor heart silently screams in pain. I never really understood this until I lost my husband.

Take care x

3 Likes

I really understand that. Its 13 weeks today for me and for once I actually felt a little better today but then stupidly felt guilty and scared that I will forget him.
Just got back from a walk in the local park, I cried the whole way round because he is everywhere, our house backs onto the park.
I can see him playing footie with our grandchildren and remember all the things we have done there over 28 years.
It is very hard, I can’t imagine never seeing and hearing him again and I’m so sad for all the things we had planned and will never get to do.
But as I said there was a time today where it seemed a little easier and we have to make the most of them and not feel bad about it because we know deep down that we will never forget them. Xx

3 Likes

I agree, one has to show two faces. I am often told how well I am doing and how strong I am. Like you, little do they know how sad I can feel inside longing to have the company of my loving husband.

Look after yourself.x

1 Like

Having lost my husband just over two years ago, I have the fear that other people will forget him. Obviously not our children or grandchildren. An irrational thought I know but I am sure a common feeling. It’s odd I never really felt like that when my parents and my brother passed away but I realise I had my husband to talk to unconditionally.
I take great comfort in the sight of a robin on my walks. This being a loved one watching over me. My grandsons call Robins Papa birds and my friends often tell me about Robins they have seen referring to my husband which I really appreciate.

Look after yourself.x

1 Like

Dear Sarah

I lost my husband as a result of a road traffic accident in September 2020. My greatest fear is that people will forget him. I think it stems from the fact that so many family and friends have stopped contact and returned to their usual lives without even a text or call. In the long hours I spend during the night I often wonder if they even give him a momentary thought. Like so many on this site have highlighted the number of those who say just get in touch if you need anything and then when you need help and attempt to get in touch no reply.

A lot of people also mention that they can feel the presence of their loved one. This also pains me as I do not feel he is here watching over me, the kids and his grandson - I get no sense of that and it makes me cry so much and I feel totally abandoned. So many things keep going wrong and I land up shouting at my husband begging him to at least come and help me - but just the continued silence.

Our wedding anniversary is approaching in the next few weeks - the stress levels are already on the increase.

Remember all good and special times you both shared.nobody will forget him.you’ve got your grandkids to love.were all here if you need 2 vent❤x

1 Like

I’m in a lovely group in Tyne and Wear. They have lots of local meet ups, everyone is lovely and friendly.
Let me know if you’d like more details :+1: