Losing a partner

My partner of 18 years died suddenly 6 weeks ago. The funeral was last Friday. Goodness, feel so alone and sad; it is all consuming at times & just don’t know what to do. I wish I could feel better. Thank you for listening Elaine

4 Likes

The weeks proceeding the funeral are a tough time
I found keeping myself busy helped so I didn’t have time to dwell and indulge in self defeat
But there’s a darkness that’s just there all the time

Stay strong

1 Like

My hubby passed away just under 10 weeks ago. I feel like I’m in a fog. On auto pilot. It suddenly hit me he wasn’t coming back. I agree. Keep yourself busy. It’s hard. Learning to do things for just 1 is the hardest thing. I still struggle to shop for one. Cook for one. The silence is awful. I’m learning to do the things I like to do.
I just take each day as it comes. I have days where I really can’t be bothered. But to me, that’s ok.
Learning to be you, takes time. Just look after yourself and let things happen naturally.
Sending hugs

1 Like

So difficult, think 5 weeks was maybe a little too long for funeral, but Jeff had a big send off with all his friends and family around. For me, climbed a little of the huge ladder and after Friday, slipped all the way back down again? So, double ‘wammy’, nearly defeated me … love him xx

1 Like

Hi @Elaine8
So sorry to here regarding the loss of your husband. The funeral was only a week ago so you are still processing everything and that takes time.
For me it has been 8 months and although i though i was doing better as keeping busy this week it suddenly hit me he wasn’t here to support me in my cancer check up which he did previously. I got through the day and hospital appointment but i was so upset and sad as he was not around to comfort me. I dont have family here so it is difficult but i have survived to live another day. I take a day at a time now some days ok some not and now learning to live with my own company.
Please look after yourself and if you have family or friends to help let them.
Lynne x

1 Like