Losing both parents

I lost my mum on 30th April. Her funeral was on Tuesday, earlier this week. This morning, my dad passed away. I dont know where I am emotionally…

4 Likes

Hello @Ang2,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad so soon after your mum. It sounds as though things are very hard at the moment and nt knowing how to feel is understandable.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

My goodness, how devastating for you… I hope you have people around you who can offer support. Be kind to yourself as you try to navigate your way through such intense emotions. Sending you strength and courage… xx

3 Likes

Hi I no exactly how you fell my dad passed 3 weeks after my mum

1 Like

I can’t begin to imagine how you feel.

I lost my partner a week ago. He had lost his mum four weeks ago. I am convinced the grief he was struggling with contributed to his passing. It was heartbreaking to see him so upset.

I feel so awful for his family, having to deal with the loss of two family members in quick succession. I feel awful, but their grief, whilst a different one to the loss of a partner, must be equally painful and vast.

Hopefully you find lots of support here and that leaning on us helps in some small way.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss grief a funny thing I felt numb for a long time and couldn’t really wrap my head around what had happened and sometimes I still fell like that they say time a healer mabybe it is the thing I do is put a face on it’s been a year and four months for me but fell like yesterday the hole will never be filled

2 Likes

@Rosiepink thank you xx

1 Like

@G1983 thank you for your support and so sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you xx

1 Like

@Snowwhite21 thank you xx

Ang2 if you ever need to talk just message me

1 Like

@Snowwhite21 thank you, means a lot xx

@Snowwhite21 I can’t seem to get my head around the fact that 5 weeks ago, I had both parents then all of a sudden, I have none.
How are you coping?

1 Like

Well my story is mum died 16 dec 2021 she had lekemia sorry spelled that wrong before that dad got took into hospital in October that year so mum came to stay with me she had dementia to she took a bed sore out of nowhere and I think that’s what killed her never seen it coming on the day mum died we went and seen dad told him bad choice I wish we didn’t do that dad got took into hospital for his diebeties then on the day of mum funeral he died I felt really guilty for a long time because I wasn’t their for dad to say goodbye and I blamed myself for mum I felt it was my fault she got the bedsore and died I miss them every day and think about them I never seen any of this coming one minute their there and the next gone

1 Like

I think you just go into shock and put a face on for people but those that have never experienced enything like this before don’t understand

2 Likes

If you were like me and looked after them for a long time you fell lost you have to fill that time with something else but it’s hard people say time a healer and gets easier it does a bit but it takes time I kept this saying in my head you can shed tears that they gone or you can smile that they lived tell me about your mum and dad

2 Likes