Losing dad

I’m struggling with the loss of my gorgeous dad im a nurse and feel that I missed lots of his symptoms being a daughter :cry::cry: he was diagnosed and passed away after 11 days :broken_heart:

5 Likes

Hello @Sharon70,

I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad - that is devastating. Feelings of guilt when we lose someone are really common. But it’s important to treat yourself yourself kindly and to give yourself the time, space and care that you need. Many of our members have experienced the loss of their dad, and you are not alone. You might want to chat to @Fibungdung who posted this thread recently:

You may be able to understand a little of what each other are going through.

Please keep reaching out and take care,
Seaneen

1 Like

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Ive lost both my parents and im a nurse too. Its so tough because you feel like you should have done more. Its hard being on the other side of things. But you were there to be his daughter, not his nurse, or his doctor. Sending you love.

2 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss. 11 days, you must be in such shock. :people_hugging: I think we all struggle with guilt in one way or another, but it’s a really hard thing to cope with, especially in the beginning. I hope you have people around you that you can lean on and keep posting and reading here, it can help. :heart:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. It is so hard when things deteriorate so quickly we don’t have the chance to process things before we have to deal with them. We were told dad had short months and was gone in 11 days from hospitalisation 8 from diagnosis. I’m a nurse so was planning to get him home with his family around him but due to restrictions and his deteriorating that wasn’t to be :cry:. Sending strength for the coming days and weeks