Losing hubby how do u cope

I did my washing a couple of days after my husband died, washed , dried and ironed his few bits and put them in the wardrobe and drawers, and that’s it, not moving them again. As if everything is normal. Can cope with that. Have trouble sitting in the evenings, with no one else here. That gets me everyday. We all seem to have similar thoughts, worries and dreadful feelings but it is good knowing that. So here’s to all of us, just keep talking. Xx

I still haven’t touched any of Clive’s things and it’s been 31/2 years. I find it comforting to have toothbrush and beard trimmer still in the bathroom, his clothes in the cupboard and his shoes and coat in the hall. His beer is still in he fridge, for goodness sake! It makes me fell that part of him is still here and that I’m not alone in the house.

It may be silly but I feel very strongly that I don’t want to wipe him out of our home.

Exactly thats how I feel. X

And not silly.

Ahhh bless ya thts nice I have to.make room as daughters having baby so having to box things up x

Hi Helly I understand completely I’m awake most nights I lost my husband of 25yrs to multiple cancer’s he was 47yrs old when he passed last April during lockdown he’d only been diagnosed 6 weeks before he passed it was too quick, no time to prepare but then again how long is enough time to prepare for losing your soulmate. I really feel for you they say it gets better but here I am 11months on and it’s harder than ever I would give anything for 1 last hug, word take care

I feel the same I still text my husband all the time it’s just awful not having him reply. I’ve been doing this ever since he.padsed last April during lockdown from multiple cancer’s aged 47 he was only diagnosed 6 weeks before he passed away totally out of the blue no time to prepare but at least 26years of memories to comfort me. Take care