Losing husband suddenly

Oh Annie it’s such a hard thing to cope with I lost my husband in June 18. I’m heartbroken feel so alone life is so hard xx

Our situations are so similar it is uncanny . Sending big hugs . Romy xxxx

Hi Debonair, Life is very hard to cope with and yes I too feel very lonely and lost,I lost my husband in May with no prior warning and I am still trying to accept he is not with me.You have this constant pain in your heart and everything you do I very emotional its very hard to even see a future sending you lots of love Teresa xxx

1 Like

Hi Debonair, Life is very hard to cope with and yes I too feel very lonely and lost,I lost my husband in May with no prior warning and I am still trying to accept he is not with me.You have this constant pain in your heart and everything you do I very emotional its very hard to even see a future sending you lots of love Teresa xxx

Hello Crazy Kate.Thank you for your brilliant post. I lost my partner Ron on July 7th this year. It was so sudden. Ron had suffered a stroke in 2009. He went from being a very fit and active man to somebody who lost the use of his left hand and had weakness in his left leg, and suffered permanent head pain.
On the day he died, Ron collapsed at home. I heard him fall and rushed into the room to see what was going on. Ron was flat on his face in a pool of blood and was making a strange gurgling noise. The paramedics, who arrived in less than two minutes, were brilliant. They managed to get Ron’s heart going ,but only with a weak beat. This happened several times. Ron was taken to the A&E unit but the doctors there couldn’t get Ron back. Even if they had, I was told that Ron would be a complete vegetable. Ron wouldn’t have wanted that. I was there when the life support was switched out. The only crumb of comfort for Ron and myself is that we managed to say our goodbyes - I kissed Ron and he fluttered his eyelashes. Sorry if that sounds insensitive to people who never had that opportunity. I haven’t got a job, although I am looking for one. Life feels so lonely at the moment.

1 Like

Hello
I have just read your response to the lady who’s husband died suddenly. Four weeks ago I came downstairs at 1am to see why my husband hadn’t come up to bed only to find that he had died. He was just 65, I am just 58. We had our whole future planned together and now it’s gone. I feel so lost.

1 Like

Same here, just 4 weeks ago my husband died. I feel so lost.

1 Like

Dear Donkey Town
I am so sorry you are going through this
It is the most painful experience ever
It is nearly 15 months now since my husband died
I can’t lie …it has been hard going for me and our girls and everyone who knew and loved him
I have coped by keeping busy , walking our dogs , working , seeing a bereavement counsellor and tried very hard to get my head around what happened
I still miss my husband dreadfully
I know I always will
It’s 43 years today that we first met and in spite of the hell of the past year I would never want to have missed the opportunity to spend my life with such a dynamic , fun , clever , interesting man who loved me inside and out …and me him .
I wish you all the luck in the world on this grief journey
The people on the forum are so supportive
Everyone understands what you are going through so don’t hesitate to ask for support and understanding from everyone on the forum
Sending love and hugs
Romy xxx

Hi
Thank you for your kind words. It’s been just 4 weeks today since I came downstairs to find that my lovely husband had passed away. I am doing the same as you, working and looking after our dogs. Sometimes I feel like I am absolutely fine and the next minute I am crying buckets. I can’t ever imagine myself happy again.
Diane

1 Like

Hi Ann,
I know how you feel. I lost my husband of 35years in July, suddenly and unexpectedly. He had a massive stroke right in front of me. I’m glad I found this online community because it is the first place I have found where other women are going through the same situation as I am. I will keep you in my thoughts Ann. It’s been 4 months and I miss him more than ever and I am still really angry too. Barbara

1 Like

Hi Kate,
I can empathize with how you feel. My husband had a massive stroke right in front of me in July and never regained consciousness. After 2days in critical care he was declared brain dead. He was only 60 and in good health. He was kept “alive” for 3 days until the transplant team could remove his organs, tissue and bone marrow for donation per his wishes. Waiting for three weeks for him to be cremated drove me crazy. I kept waiting for him to walk through the door or send me a text. I thought I was doing ok 4 months on, but I am starting to think that he really isn’t dead. I’m glad to find this group because so many women are going through what I am. Barbara

Dear Louise,
Reading your message to Annie resonated with me. I lost my husband 4 months ago and I am backsliding into my grief as if it was the day of his death. I work full time which is good, but my friends and in laws have all resumed their own lives and so I am very lonely. Finding this community is a relief for me to find other women going through the same situation as I am.
Warm regards,
Barbara