Losing mum

Lost my in april and now the dreams about her are getting worse its affecting my sleep now

Hi Sandie, I am so sorry for your loss. What you describe happens to me too, it can be quite disturbing, and affects our sleep, you’re not alone, maybe talking a bit more about your grief might help you, so feel free to post here about what you’re going through.

1 Like

Hi. Sandie. Dreams will come. Not many of us are capable of seeing dreams as the unconscious mind telling us something. We are so confused at the beginning. Grief can bring out so much pain and at times it may seem unbearable. You say the dreams are getting worse. Are they nightmares? It’s very important that you talk about them. Have you a close friend or someone who will understand? Have you had or are having counselling? It’s too soon in your journey to begin to see just a little way ahead. Give yourself time. Rest assured, the dreams will fade in time.
Take care of yourself. John.

1 Like

It has been nearly a year since my mum died and my dreams were so upsetting and they were every night, but they are getting less. Maybe now just once a week. I think It’s our subconscious trying to work through the ordeal we have been through.

1 Like

Thank u for replying

Yes they are mostly nightmares about being back in the hospital with mum

How are you feeling Sandie? Hope things are a bit better for you than the last time you posted, if not, that’s ok too, we just have to take each day as it comes and hope and pray the next day will be better.

1 Like

It’s nearly what would of been mums birthday so not looking forward to that. I dont even know how I feel most of the time

1 Like

Anniversaries can be really difficult. That’s why many people usually post on here on those days, just to get some help, if that might help you, please keep posting, we care about you here.

1 Like

Thank u. I post when I know what to say