Losing my beloved Dad

Sitting here as I do day after day thinking of my beloved Dad who I lost ten months ago not a day goes by that I don’t cry for him and wish I had him back in my life to hug and talk to, he was simply my hero, how does everyone else cope with this, missing Dad seems to consume my whole being although I know he loved and lived life to the full I never imagined to lose such a fit man so quickly and to such an awful cancer, this sounds selfish I know but he really didn’t deserve to be put through so much agony, every night I lie awake seeing his face, I think I am still in disbelief, life can be so cruel and I just want and need him back…
I am trying to stay so strong for my Mum who is absolutely heartbroken, they had been together 60 years since Mum was 16, how do you help and support her when you are struggling yourself?..
They had such an active busy life together, which has come to a stop so suddenly…
I know logically it’s a day at a time and it’s little steps (that’s what everyone tells me) but I can never imagine getting to a stage where I remember the happy memories and not wanting my beloved Dad back with me … it just dosnt seem real that he isn’t here by my side…I am sure friends feel I should be coping and to a certain extent ‘getting over’ my loss but I’m not and can’t imagine I ever will, I just feel complete emptiness and not able to move on…

Hi Claire
I can totally relate to the you are feeling. I lost my precious dad the end of march. I’m not coping too well and like yourself will never get over losing him. My dad too was my hero. Our dads will always be in our hearts. My dad had Alzheimers he was only 68. I also have bad images in my head where I am reliving his last moments. Life is cruel. I miss my dad so much and don’t think this pain will ever go. But people say in time it will. As well as looking after your mum you need to take care of yourself. I’m awaiting councilling to see if it’s helps me. I also was debating to take anti depressants but they will never fix my broken heart. Take care Claire. Sending you hugs x

Hi Claire,
I had just replied to Joey, then yr message also struck a chord with me.
My father passed away suddenly in January and I feel people think I should have ’ moved on’.
It really ressonated with me , that you said you cant envisage getting to a point of remembering happy memories , because all I want is my dad back with me.
I also have my mum - whom I am very close to, and they were married for 49 years this year.
Some people have advised anti - depresssants to me, however I dont want to take.
All the best .x

Thank you so much for your message it helps to know that you are not alone and others are feeling the same as yourself…
It’s been a really rough few weeks again, trying to stay strong but not succeeding at the moment…
It’s so hard, I’m just trying to keep busy and my mind occupied if not I know I will fall apart…
Take good care and keep talking…
Hugs Cx