Losing my brother

I just lost my brother to suicide 5 weeks ago Tom, it’s been the most horrific 5 weeks for us as a family as we didn’t know he was struggling mentally, and I also found my brother which has added to my heartache, I am really struggling to come to terms with what I witnessed as well as losing him , I feel guilty that none of us noticed he was in a dark place but trauma.has took over my whole life I am still stuck there on that day when I found him

1 Like

Hello @Weedenzo1,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are struggling with your grief.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

We also offer further support which you might want to take a look at. Our Online Bereavement Support includes our free online bereavement counselling, our Grief Guide which has interactive tools to help you cope with grief, and Grief Coach, where you can receive personalised support via text.

Another good place to get support is Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide - http://uk-sobs.org.uk/ 0300 111 5065. They offer some resources which you might find helpful.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex

2 Likes