Losing my dad and sister

Hi, I’m not one to really speak about my feelings to anyone but the past few months has been getting to me a lot. I don’t like expressing my feelings to my friends or family so I feel like it may be abit more relieving If I talk to people I don’t know. I lost my dad not so long ago and it completely and utterly destroyed me mentally and physically, not long after that my sister took her own life which has impacted my life even more since I’ve lost two of the Best people I ever had. I just wish I could tell someone how I’m feeling and I know there’s loads of people on here that can definitely relate. Sadly. I’m still a teenager and just wish I could be as happy like the rest of my friends are

Hi There, I cannot imagine being so young and having to deal with multiple losses. My heart goes out to you. I lost my Mom in 2012, and my younger sister in 2018. Like you, my world has been shattered by the death of the two most important people in my life. I understand not wanting to open up about your feelings. I also tend to go into my shell and block out the world. This forum has been a God send because you can express yourself openly and no one will judge you. There are lovely people on this site, and you can post any time of the day or night, and someone will respond. We are from different parts of the world, are different ages & genders, and experiencing different types of losses, yet we can all relate to each other and offer support. I am glad you found us. Do not try to do this alone, others will be here for you. Take care, Xxx Sister2

1 Like

Hi
I’m so sorry that you have lost your dad and sister and you are so young to be going through that.
I lost my dad in my 20s and now my mum in my 40s. I only have 1 sister left so would be heartbroken if I lost her too.
There are special bereavement charities and websites for children and teenagers. One if them I’ve seen sue ryder mention is called Grief encounter.
Have a look. At the very least there will be people of your age going through similar situations that you can chat to.
Cheryl x

1 Like

My heart goes out to you and I appreciate you noticing what I have said, I hope your struggles are soon free and u can get on with life xxx

My heart goes out to you, it is one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever had to go through, I feel better knowing that there’s people out here than will listen to me and are here for me and I appreciate it this so much. Thank you and I’m so sorry for your loss xxx

1 Like

Thank you.
How mature and lovely you sound for a teenager. Your dad and sister would be very proud xx

2 Likes

I really appreciate that, thank you much x