Losing my Dad which is now both parents

I’m struggling. I lost my Mum to cancer when I was 15. She baffled on and on and in the end we were with her as she passed. It was a hard end for her and I never really dealt with that we all just boxed it up and soldiered on.
I’ve now watched my Dad battle an immunosuppressant disease and gradually deteriorate for 8 years and on Monday morning, sat with him as he battled to the end. It was a more peaceful passing compared to my Mum but I’m battling invasive images and sounds still.
I feel his passing has dragged up old trauma and I’m now battling the grief of two and the grief for Mum never really went.
I can’t even comprehend how I move forward without him. Losing Mum made my Dad my safety net and made us closer and I’ve always semi-coped as I’ve had him and now he’s gone. I’m absolutely devastated and struggling so much more than I thought having known this time would come. I just don’t know what to do or how to manage this.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry. Like you, I just lost my dad and it’s dragged up my grief for mum. He was my safety net as well and I relied on him very much to cope after mum passed. I wish I had good advice for you, but I too am completely broken and can only say that I relate and feel for you. Here if you want to PM me. :heart:

2 Likes