Losing my Dad

Hi,

My dad died in February 2020, he had a brain tumour and was poorly very quickly. He lost his speech and very quickly was bed bound. I sat with him as much as I could and did what I could to help.

I was very close to my dad and miss him so much. I feel upset a lot of the time still and feel very anxious at times. I don’t want to feel sad but just can’t help it. I am waiting for some bereavement support from the hospice he had some care from but I’ve been waiting for a long time.

2 Likes

Hello @Annie1707 - welcome to Sue Ryder - you have a family here, all who understand how you feel. You loved your Dad so much - how you feel is normal - but that doesn’t make it any easier, I know. Have you checked out the support that Sue Ryder might be able to offer in terms of grief counselling? Also, The Good Grief Trust could be worth a look, to find out what support could be available where you are. I lost my husband nearly 3 months ago and am wobbling along. The good thing about being on this forum is that you are with people who understand and care about each other. Keep going, my friend, you are doing better than you may think. Hold tight.

1 Like

Hi @Vancouver, I’m so sorry about the loss of your husband. Thank you for your message, it’s very kind of you. Sometimes I don’t feel like it’s normal but it’s reassuring to read other people’s messages on here.

1 Like

Hi,
I too lost dad 9 weeks ago,!! so empathise fully …I find every day different not in good way…as regards normal…this type of normal is horrible
Patrick

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that. I think the best thing is to take one day at a time and be kind to yourself. It is so hard.

I agree totally…but it’s easier said than done!!

It is most definitely easier said than done!