Losing my dad

Hi lost my dad just over a year ago the pain is worse now then a year ago some how I feel so alone even though I’m not I’m really struggling at the moment with the overwhelming grief I keep waiting for it to get easier but it just doesn’t x

1 Like

Hello @Mrsmac541,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your dad that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

You may also want to read our Losing a parent support page.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Seaneen

Sorry things feel so tough as you grieve for your sad loss. Sadly the grief never leaves you but somehow you learn to live with it. The only thing we can do is keep moving forwards but in our grief we just want to go back to how things were before… There are no easy answers, there will still be tough times but you will move through them. Find a way to talk about how you feel, even if it’s on here or spoken to a friend. I’m still learning to navigate the loss of my Mum six months ago, but sadly I have suffered other losses over the years so I know the grief never really stops. Take care xx

1 Like