Losing my father

I have lost many relatives over the years from tragic circumstances to natural causes…
Recently i lost my dad as this one really hurts the most as i do remember spending the day with him the last time i saw him yet could not see him in the hospice he was taken to eventually.
He had parkinsons and had beaten cancer yet became ill again and died in his sleep.
There are constant reminders at my mums home where he still has his hospital bed and equipment still there.
I never thought i would lose him and things will not ever be the same without him for my mother especially.
I just cant seem too process it…

Hi Stuart, losing your parent can be one of the worst things that can ever happen to you, and so I am very sorry that you are not doing too well. Additionally, it is normal that you will also be worried how your dad’s death is going to affect your mum. I lost my dad in April and it is so difficult to live without him and see mum sad.

It can definitely be difficult to process, this is normal. It will take time to recover. Posting on this forum and talking about it can help a lot, and if you still find you are struggling then it might be a good idea to consider some bereavement counselling.

Hope you feel a bit better soon.

1 Like