Losing my Grandfather

My grandfather passed away about 6 weeks ago, at 87 years old. Although he lived a long and full life, and for this I am very fortunate, I am really struggling to accept his death. He battled with dementia in his last year and other health problems. Although I am glad he is no longer suffering, I can’t seem to move on from his death. I am struggling to motivate myself to get up in the morning, I just want to sit and think about him.

Hi Tori,

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandfather. It is natural to grieve, even when someone has lived a long life, you will still miss them. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time to think about him if that is what you need to do.

Talking about it can help, whether that’s with your family and friends, or here on this site. We have lots of supportive users here who understand what it is like to lose a loved one. While you wait for replies to this post, you might be interested to read and reply to this recent post from Laurenamy1, who is struggling with the loss of her grandmother: http://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/numb-depression

If there is anything I can help with, or you have any questions about this site, just let me know.