Losing my hero

My nan died on the 30th of December and we have only just had her funeral yesterday 17/02/2023. I have been suppressing my emotions but yesterday has brought them all up to the surface and i can’t stop feeling terrible. I feel alone and pathetic because nobody wants to hear it. Nobody wants to see me when I’m miserable and crying but i can’t stop. She was and always has been the light of my life. I miss her so much.

1 Like

Hi @Sophie3 . Welcome! This journey of grief is full of ups and downs. Funerals or cremations are one of the biggest downs. Perhaps because we have spent time being busy, then we get home, and we are alone, and reality strikes. Its quite normal. Our brains go into overdrive trying to sort its thoughts out, and it becomes chaotic. I remember it well!
The good news is that it is temporary, and bit by bit the chaos eases and your new circumstances will become the norm, and your new life will become sensible.
Its something we have to go through, and the more we are positive about it, then the sooner we get through it.
Please dont think that friends and relatives dont care, its that they dont know what to do, and are scared. Be honest with them about needing support and you might be surprised.
But please keep posting, we all know how difficult the early days are.

1 Like