Losing my mum almost 2 years on

It’s been nearly 2 years since I lost my mum & I’m still really struggling but no one understands.
Every morning I wake up feeling anxious this sick feeling in my stomach, sometimes I am sick too.
I have headaches every day and I just don’t sleep anymore either which makes me feel shit the next day.
I also have this fear of missing out, if my friends do things together and don’t invite me I feel like it’s the end of the world and I’m missing out and I didn’t know if there was a connection between these and grief?

2 Likes

Dear @Alex7

Welcome to the Community. I apologise for the delay in replying to you. How are you coping today?

Grief has no time limit and everyone reacts differently at different stages of the process. What you are going through is normal. Sometimes it is difficult for people to understand what you are going through until they have gone through losing a loved one themselves.

I would book an appointment and have a chat with your GP as to how you are feeling and that you are being sick, have lack of sleep and have headaches. Your GP could even guide you to a local Bereavement support group in your area. Have you considered Counselling?

Sue Ryder offer a free Online Bereavement Counselling Service and a newly launched Grief Self-Help Service which has useful information and tools to understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

May be with your friends they see that you are struggling and are not sure how to react as to inviting you out. Turn it around and ask them out or invite them around and let them know how you feel. It is so easy to read situations incorrectly.

Please continue to reach out and take care, if we can be of further help or you need more information please email online.community@sueryder.org.

Take care.

Pepsi