Losing my mum and dad

I lost my mum suddenly 27th September not just my mum but also my best friend and then 26th October my dad passed away broken hearted. Now I’m broken hearted I’ve hit a mountain can’t go round it can’t get over it. Not a day goes by I don’t shed tears I miss them both so much I’m lost numb and I just am not coping with every day life

Hello Loopy,

I’m so sorry to hear of the sudden passing of your Mum and Dad. The shock and sadness must be overwhelming for you.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling .

Please continue to post, I am confident our other members will respond to you very shortly.

Take care,
Mick
Online Community Team

Hello Loopy , I’m in the same situation as you at the moment too , I can so sympathise with what your feeling.Mum died 31st Oct and Dad 30th December.I don’t have any answers but I’m writing my thoughts down it helps a bit and talk to them , have just been doing that now talking to their photos .There still with you in your heart and will be looking out for you and keeping you strong .All we can do at the moment is take each day as it comes , I’m here if you want to talk to me .Take care :heart:

1 Like

Hi Loopy
So sorry for your losses and my condolences goes out to you.

You call it a mountain, I call it a brick wall and like some say it’s like a dark fog we’re in but don’t give up on your will and hope as each day if different from one to the other.

I to lost two loved ones in the space of months and the feelings and thoughts we are all going through are beyond what we would have ever imagined. Like it’s always said, day by day is our only course and you will start to get eventually little strength from time to time, just grab it and do your best in what’s works for you in getting through the day.

I find this site helpful in knowing that what one experiences sadly relates with others and that no matter how bad one’s situation is, there’s always some here on ‘this site that will say something positive and realistic towards the emotions and feelings we are all experiencing. I hope I’m one of those for you and others to.
Take care x
Derv

Hi I don’t seem to be withable to move forward I have never felt so alone and lost. Some days I don’t even get out of bed. I know u are thinking that’s not right but I just have no sense of being. No motivation nothing in me I don’t like feeling this way I need help and I don’t know where to start

I feel for you my lovely I really do , I know what you feel about feeling alone , I have a partner and two adult boys but I feel like I’m alone myself , which is crazy , you’ve taken the first step by coming to this site , can you get a telephone appointment at your doctors for some help ? Have you tried to go for a long walk to think things through? It wares you out and makes you feel a bit better, it’s good to be outside sometimes instead of being stuck indoors going over and over stuff . Please keep posting and we’ll get each other through this horrific place we’re at now .

1 Like