Losing my mum to suicide

I really don’t know what to write. Me and my mum had a mutual friend that lives in her block well they were arguing and I tried not to get involved but did which they caused me and mum to argue and say some nasty things to each other. On the 08/05/20 between 6.30 and 6.40 my mum jumped out of a 6 floor window. There was no note. She hates washing up and I mean hated it but had done that before jumping from the window. I just don’t know how to carry on without her. I have no support as my family have turned there back on me. Just need someone to talk to that knows how I’m feeling.
Thank you for reading

Hi Danielle, I am so sorry what happened to your mum. It wasn’t your fault, she sadly had serious mental health problems, and if it wasn’t that argument with you, it would have been something else.

It is sad your family have stopped talking to you. Please do not put yourself through guilt, again, it wasn’t your fault.

You might want to contact a charity called Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide, in the meantime, please continue posting here as people will help you.

Hello Danielle,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

You could also contact one of these services for the sort of loss you are experiencing: SOBS have a website and helpline – Survivors of Bereavement by Suicide http://uk-sobs.org.uk/ 0300 111 5065 – and Support After Suicide Partnership http://supportaftersuicide.org.uk/ may be able to help too.

Take care,

Mick
Online Community team

Danielle, I’d like to offer you some comfort as you reach out for some support as you grieve losing your Mum.
I lost a dear friend some years ago when he committed suicide. It’s a tragic way to lose a loved one and leaves so many questions and what ifs. But what I can tell you is they do not do it in response to what may or may not have been said. It doesn’t follow either that we should have been aware of the risk even if they were depressed.
What is important is you are kind to yourself and take the opportunity to have some counselling to help you deal with the emotions you are going through.
We members are not experts but we are all on this forum for the same reason, dealing with life after loss. You will be able to find members who can really relate to your feelings having been in the same position.

1 Like