Losing my mum

19th April was the worst day of my life. I lost my mum due to Liver Cirrhosis and irony is she barely drank.

My Mum had liver disease for few years with zero complications and her life was never really effected til Dec lats year when suddenly the complications and side effects began to take hold. During the first 4mths of this year she was in and out the hospital and reached the stage of being placed on the list for liver transplant, but she never reached that stage. It was a total shock the day she passed, never was it relayed to me and her family that it was a possibility this would happen, maybe because week prior she was in great shape and getting back to her usual self.

I lived with my mum and saw her everyday. I’m 33 and can’t get over fact I’ve lost my mum so young, she was only 62. She had soo much to give. I miss her every second and can’t seem to get past what has happened. Everyday feels a struggle. I’m totally lost without her

1 Like

Hello @Lovemum,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It sounds as though, even though she was unwell, it was a great shock to you. Your loss is still so very recent and raw so please, do be gentle with yourself right now.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

You might also want to read our Coping with the death of a parent support page.

Take care - you are not alone.

Seaneen

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes the last 4 months my mum wasn’t in best of shape and was unwell, but not massively. It felt like she was having bad days that would past. It is very very raw, getting out how I feel does help and talking about her helps then I ever thought it would.

I lost my grandmother in 2020, that came from absolutely nowhere so I thought I could prepare for any shock but sadly this wasn’t true. No preparation will ever help when losing your mum

1 Like