Losing my mum

Lost my mum i dont no how to cope

Hello,

I’m so sorry you’ve lost your Mum and you’re feeling like you don’t know how to cope. I felt the same way when I lost my Mum. You can only take each day at a time and be kind and patient with yourself. Loss & grief can be very overwhelming and it can feel like we’re unable to cope.

Had your Mum been ill?

Do you have anyone close to you that you can talk to? There are loads of lovely people in the community who will understand what you’re going through. You are not alone.

Keep talking to us here & take care for now. Trudy x

Hi

As Trudy says this is a horrible time for you.

I lost my Mum nearly two years ago and that crushing feeling at first is something so dreadful. I too thought I would never cope, never thought I would ever have a moments happiness again, in fact wanted to join my Mum. I don’t have those very intense and unpleasant thoughts now but it can still be a battle at times.

Just take every day as it comes, some will be worse than others. Be gentle with yourself, don’t try and do everything at once and if you find you need help there are lots of things you can do. There is the online bereavement service offered on this forum, click on the link on these pages. Your doctor can help with good advice and suggestions and of course come back to these pages. There are lots of us here who have lost our Mums and Dads so we do understand what it can feel like some days.

Take care of yourself
Mel

Hey, I lost my mum at Xmas. I miss her everyday and am truly heartbroken. We all have this pain on common. Please talk. Get your feelings out. Some days I struggle to stop the tears and the emptiness. Others I just stop the tears. It helps to know someone will listen and offer support. Please reach out. Your mum would want you to be ok. Sending lots of hope and love your way xx

Hello there , I also lost my Mum on 18th June .
I am guessing from your username that you are a lot younger than me and that Mum was so much younger than mine , who made it or almost 85 despite almost life long heart problems . I am 61 ; too old , I feel to be as devastated as I feel . I sure you feel the same way … completely overcome . I just don’t know what to do .
I guess we will do what our Mum’s wanted … to live and enjoy our lives ; love our kids and , in my case t, the grand babies . It’s going to be so hard though .
I read , recently , that the death of our Mum is the first sorrow we have to experience without her by our side . Seems obvious , doesn’t it , but so true ?
I hope you can glean some good moments in these darkest of days .
Sending you love and hugs xxxx