Losing my parents

Hi im been struggling for a long time. Now i lost my Nan 5yrs ago then found out my Dad had terminal cancer. We nursed him for 18months before he lost his battle that was 4yrs ago. Never had time to properly grieve for my nan cos Dad was so ill. The we found out my mum had terminal cancer and passed away 3 months later in February last year. Since then ive just been gojng though the motions. I feel completely lost and alone. Even though i have a good supportive husband and 2 grownup sons. Im angry i feel like i haven’t processed what’s happened. My heart is broken and i dont no what to do. I dont sleep nighttimes are the worse. I just relive there last moments over again. I never got back in time to be with both my mum and Dad after being with them all day i was told to take a break and thats when they passed. The guilt eats me up inside.

1 Like

Hello @Bettyboo ,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum and dad. You have had so many losses to endure that it is understandable you haven’t been able to process them.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Seaneen