Losing my parents

I am new here and have looked around in different categories but can’t find anything similar to what I am feeling. I’m a little worried I may need to go and speak to someone about things I’m feeling but don’t want to commit to that if there is nothing to worry about and people are going through the same thing.
I lost my mum in September last year to Cancer. Although it was too late for her to get treatment we still thought we had months left but one night she just took ill and a few hours later she passed away from complications. I lived with my mum and she was my best friend and we did everything together. The sudden passing was devastating. I could write a lot more but what I am struggling with is when I am just doing everyday things I get what I would call I sort of an image flash into my head of something horrible. It can be something like an image of her when she was poorly. But recently I get an image in my head that she might be stood behind me, and the image is of her passed away. I am worried I might need to speak to someone like I have explained. I am hoping it just goes away. Has anyone got any advice or experiences like this

1 Like

Sorry for your loss, Jules. It’s an awful thing to lose a parent and the emptiness so ghastly when you’ve lived with them. Dad and I did everything together too. :cry:

Many of us have flashbacks to memories of our loved ones being ill and it’s normal when you’ve been through something traumatic. I imagine the images of her passed away, standing behind you, also has to do with the shock of loss. Time will ease it, I think, but if it scares you and makes it harder to cope, it might be good to talk to someone. :heart:

Thanks so much for the reply Ulma. Reading it makes me feel much more at ease with what’s going on. I’m sorry for your loss too. I will push through and if things get worse as you said I will talk to someone. Thanks so much xx

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. Take care and you can always PM me if you want to chat. :heart:

1 Like