Losing my partner

My name is Nancy, And i found myself in a very awfull situation 5 wks ago where i was called up at 7am and was told that my partner had died at work suddenly a fit heathy man no underlying heath issues just dropped down dead. I was absolutely shocked and numb and i didnt n couldnt belive this… i still feel like his gonna come home still as ive still not had his funeral (i like to call it celebration of life) post mortem has been done (home office one) and we still have no casue of death. Im in bits and broken and i feel like im literally living 2 lives. Im so lost.

6 Likes

@Nancy.Shawnny it’s all so new for you. It’s been nearly eleven weeks for me. I’m 55. In this forum you will meet lot’s of others who understand all the emotions you are feeling. It’s not the same as face to face but it’s a good alternative. Cruse and other charities offer counselling which might be worth you checking out. I’m currently on a waiting list. Keep posting, giving & receiving support. Take care.

5 Likes

Hi Nancy.

I’m so sorry for your loss but on this site you are not alone. We are all on here as we have lost someone
I lost my partner 19 weeks ago. He had a heart attack. He was also at work and was alone. Like your partner he was fit and well. He had been messaging me about 40 minutes before he died.

All I can say is take one day at a time, or hour by hour if you need to just to get through the day. Take any help that is offered. It’s not an easy path we have found ourselves on but we are all still here.

In the early days I was just numb and in disbelief. Those feelings have now lessened and life is slightly better now. I still miss him every minute of the day but I can function better now.

Keep posting on here. I found this forum had been a lifesaver for me as no one understands how it feels unless they are going through the same pain.

Take care
Janine

5 Likes

Having read your profile, you are in the right place. You can shout scream cry br angry and we will listen.
My partner died at 49 suddenly in January. On a bike ride, said he felt faint and that was it. Gone. We also had a post mortem and had heart failure, no pre warnings at all. I’m 57 and it’s been the worst thing I’ve ever had to deal with. Really is hard to deal with all the different emotions and trying to do it with no support is sooo hard!

4½ months in, I am back at work, able to socialize and have days where I’m ok and can see a future. Other days I’m a mess and struggling but not like the first weeks of rawness and devastation.

I’m sorry you’ve had to join this forum but you are in the right place for support.

5 Likes

@Nancy.Shawnny
I lost my partner suddenly to a cardiac arrest.
Steve was only 58.
I totally understand your pain and anguish.
Everyone on this site is so supportive.
No one could possibly understand the pain we are going through unless they have lost the live of their lives.
I think my life ended the day passed.
Sending you a huge hug xxxxx

5 Likes

@Nancy.Shawnny I am so sorry that you have lost your partner. I lost my husband nearly 6 months ago to a massive rear saddle pulmonary embolism. I went to work on the Saturday and Sunday I got a call from my son to say that dad had collapsed. Time I got home he was gone. Did CPR until the paramedics arrived. He was 53. I am 56 and yes it is terrible shock to lose someone suddenly as you have no closure and didn’t get the chance to say what you wanted to say. Life is indeed unfair and cruel. I am still in denial and profoundly sad. I have gone back to work just doing a few hours a week and seeing friends to keep busy. Take one hour at a time and don’t look into the future too much. I do hope that you are getting support from family and friends though I know you just want your partner back. Take care and big hugs xx

6 Likes

Hi Nancy, so sorry to hear of your loss. It will be 8 weeks on Monday since I lost my partner. I’m 30 years old and he was only 34. I had the police come into work to tell me he had been involved in a car crash on his way to work and died at the scene.

There’s no words to describe the pain that is grief. It will come in waves… just please reach out to anyone you can, feel what you need to feel and remember you aren’t alone.

It’s a horrific journey that we are all on and I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Please seek help from anyone you can, wether this be friends, family, this forum or helplines.

Sending all my love x

6 Likes

To everyone on this post and experienced a sudden death, i feel your pain. I too feel so sad, a rock in my chest, and i just don’t understand it. The bewilderment is so real. We were looking forward to our retirement and finally relaxing and spending quality time together. Every day is an uphill struggle. Sending love.

3 Likes