Losing my wife

I didn’t realise how much I needed my wife.She give me the moral and love that made me who I am.Without her support I am beginning to crumble

I know how you are feeling, but your wife’s influence is still there , it’s now the root of you. You can do this without her because of her. I know you’re feeling like somebody has ripped away a big chunk of you…I feel like my soul has been ripped out after the death of my husband, and I too feel like I can’t do this without him, but I know he would want me to cope. So every day I cope. Some days not very well, but I cope. I hope you have plenty of support from friends and family. Let people know how you feel. And it’s ok to feel lost and scared. We have all been through a trauma. Might as well have been a bomb blast. We feel vulnerable because of that trauma. It’s natural to feel that. We’ve lost our anchor in life. I have his funeral today. It’s going to be a hard day x

1 Like

I truly believe your pain Has58 - there are emotions that I’ve never experienced before. They come in waves - some are just ripples and the others feel like tsunamis and we just have to ride each of those waves out. Just take each day or moment as it comes - I am sure that is what your wife would want - she wouldn’t want you to crumble? Be strong - it’s amazing how this site has made me feel in just two days - you will find lots of people in the same situation, struggling with the loss of their loved ones but we can console each other and make things feel just a little more normal. Be strong and take care x

Thinking of you today. X

Dear Has 58
It’s true, we none of us knows how much we valued and depended on our husband or wife until that person was not there. My husband died nearly 3 months ago and every day I miss him, and our life together more and more. I am crumbling too and getting through another day is all I can do at the moment. Life alone is hard, much harder than I even thought possible. Keep looking at this site, it really helps to know others understand and it is a comfort to read the lovely messages posted.

Thankyou for all your kind words. It’s comforting to know that you took time to reply, I gain strength for your support, thank you very much