Losing support

Eileen glad that you are thinking about being positive so why not start by trying to bring the residents of the morgue together start a group of some kind that’s if you don’t think they are to far gone . But take your time finding a new place don’t rush it good luck with what ever you decide to do onwards and upwards Wilson

Hello, Sheila. Yes, I have often thought that we would have made very good friends. Your style of writing is similar to mine, and quite often our thoughts are the same. My loss is only 8 months old but I know that I shall feel this way for a very long time yet. You are proof of this. My youngest son was going to call in this afternoon but had to cancel due to work pressure. I feel so alone with my grief, except for being able to post on here. Your idea of moving to a sunnier climate sounds good but as you know, moving is very stressful, although if you could take a long holiday there, it would be lovely. I don’t have a passport but am thinking of getting one and taking myself off to somewhere warm when next winter comes. I no longer drive as I feel that at 86 it is too old to be out on our busy roads. I still have a full license but am not going to use it.

The weather here seems to be improving a bit thank goodness. Last week I nearly went crazy having to stay in for 3 days.

I suppose we are luckier than some members of this group who are having horrendous problems with their homes. I feel so sorry for them. I hope you are able to get about more now that the snow has gone. Take care. Love, Eileen xx

Hello, Wilson, and thank you for your response to my posting. You actually made me smile when you suggested starting something up for the residents here. I spoke to the manager about that a few weeks ago and she said not to bother as I would be wasting my time. It has all been tried before and absolutely nothing will bring them together. There are about six of us who meet up once a week for coffee but that is it. I won’t rush into moving but should something really worthwhile come up, and I can have a cat for company, I will go for it. Best wishes. Eileen

Sheila hi why don’t you learn to drive that would give you more freedom to visit your family . Moving away to the sun shine sounds good but you may be just as lonely try taking a holiday in the sun see how you get on first . Pass your driving test buy a small car and your are free to go where you want it will give you something to occupy your time with something to aim for . You say your wonderful hubby was not there to welcome your grandson into the world I am sure he was looking down on you and will be with his grandson for the rest of his life . Think how proud he would be if you passed your driving test . Think how much freedom it would give you good luck .