Losing You

I used to think I couldn’t go a day without your smile, without telling you things and hearing your voice back.
Then, that day arrived and it was so hard but the next week was harder, than I knew and with a sinking feeling it was going to get worse and I wasn’t going to be ok for a very long time.
Because losing someone isn’t an occasion or an event, it doesn’t just happen once, it happens over and over again.
I lose you every time I pick up your favourite coffee mug, whenever that one song plays on the radio, or when I discover your old t-shirt at the bottom of the laundry pile.
I lose you every time I think of kissing you, holding you or wanting you. I go to bed at night and lose you when I wish I could tell you about my day, and in the morning when I wake and reach for the empty space across the sheets, I begin to lose you all over again.

3 Likes

Im so sorry for your loss it’s utterly devastating
I could have wrote those words myself :cry:
In my thoughts take care stay safe :broken_heart:

Nicole1. Thank you for you kind words and thoughts.
I’ve never felt pain like this before and still after 14 weeks, it’s just getting worse with every new day.

2 Likes

I know exactly what you mean to see his beautiful face sparkling eyes beautiful smile hear that I love hear his voice and laugh even a sneeze I’d give anything we were only 21 going on 22 when we met and had eighteen years together all our hopes and dreams to grow old together everything has been stolen away from us in the most cruellest harrowing manner I’ll never comprehend any of this ever he was only 39
I’m utterly truamatised heartbreakon destroyed mentally emotionally and physically thinking about everything
I’m so so sorry for your loss it’s utterly soul destroying there’s no words to describe this pain and suffering
Im my thoughts take care stay safe :broken_heart:

2 Likes

I really am so sorry for your loss and all the heartache and pain you are suffering and for what you are going through, which is far worse than I could ever imagine. 39 is far too young to be taken, you had so many happy years together ahead of you. I wish I had the words to lighten your agony but sometimes words are not enough. You are in my thoughts and prayers. xx

Thankyou so so much your words mean alot at this time he is and will always be my world take care stay safe xx :cry:

Our loved ones may be gone from our sight, but they are never gone from our hearts xx

2 Likes

Dear sad2

Your words and poems are always so reflective of the way others also feel. We all get it on here - these are the sad and overwhelming experiences our friends and family who are fortunate not to have suffered similar loss cannot begin to comprehend.

I had the inquest on Monday and some are already saying that now this is over I can begin to ‘move forward’. Hate that phrase. I received the death certificates today - approaching 9 months since my husband died - and again seeing the confirmed cause of death hammering home that the horrific nature of the crash. I have screamed and shouted this afternoon.

We were a couple for 42 years. So as you quite rightly highlight we lose our loved ones daily.

Take care.

1 Like

I’m so so sorry for your horrendous loss it’s heartbreaking I lost my soulmate of eighteen years together we met as kids well 21 going on 22 he passed away aged 39 all of our hopes and dreams have of growing old together everything has been stolen away from us in the most cruellest harrowing manner I’ll never comprehend any of this never ending nightmare it’s terrorising my mind and body it’s unbearable im utterly distraught
I’m sorry for your loss in my thoughts :broken_heart::cry:

Dear Nicole1

I am so sorry that you have lost your soulmate and at such a young age. I can fully understand your feelings of having everything stolen. We were at a different stage than yourselves - looking forward to retirement and travelling the world. It does not matter how long anyone is with their partner it is the strength of love that causes the tremendous grief. We started going out at 17/18 and married at 21/22. My husband was my everything. We do have kids and they too are heartbroken and I am grateful they both have partners to support them. Now though I am alone - aged 61 and living by myself for the first time in my life.

Grief puts us through the wringer time and time again. The emotions that accompany it are indescribable to those who have not gone through such a loss.

I truly am sorry that you find yourself on this terrible journey.

Take care.

Hi there thankyou for your kind words means alot at this time im broken empty and lost without him
I’m so sorry for your loss it’s utterly heartbreaking
We were looking forward to growing old together everything has been stolen away from us in the most cruellest harrowing manner I’ll never comprehend any of this ever it’s traumatised me
He really suffered the tubes and machines and noises in Critical care where my world fell apart will always haunt me
Thankyou for your kindness and support
And again im so sorry for your loss take care stay safe in my thoughts :broken_heart:

Hello Nicole,

I’m so sorry to hear about your soulmate. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Another good place to get support is Cruse. They offer a helpline, email support, counselling and support groups through their local services: 0808 808 1677, helpline@cruse.org.uk, http://www.cruse.org.uk/bereavement-services

Take care,

Mick
Online Community team

Thankyou Mick I really appreciate your kind words means alot at this time thankyou take care stay safe
Nicole :broken_heart:

@sad2 you have put it exactly how it is. We don’t just lose them the once. We lose and miss them all day and night every day and night. Sending you hugs. Xx

2 Likes