losing your husband

i lost my husbanb on the 13 december its been very hard to get my head together i would like to talk to other people that has lost there husband and are trying to cope with gri
ef i feel so lonely

I understand your feeling of loneliness. Even when people are around, there is a loneliness because he isn’t there. I think it will take a long time to adjust - I am only 2 weeks into this journey. I know there will be many lonely times ahead.

Thank you for listening

1 Like

Hi
I lost my husband in October last year ,I feel you pain . I didn’t think I would be so eaten with grief…
sending you strength :pray:

1 Like

Hello everyone on this thread.
I lost Steve two years ago tomorrow . Today is not a good day. I remember my last night at the hospital well. I sat on a hard chair, pillows on the bed to rest my head. It was horrible. He passed away, with my children there. It’s been a terrible journey. I’ve had to take control of finances, taking out the bins, changing a king size duvet. Buying a new car, you name it and I’ve had to do it. This has all made me a stronger person. I’ve had to do things that I never thought I would have to do. I still cry in the night for things that we shared, things that we’ll never do again. Grandchildren that he had not seen, I miss him terribly, I never thought that I would get to a point wherever I accept what had happened, but I have. I don’t like it, I still cry nearly every day but not all day. Love to you all. Xx

2 Likes

Hi montague, its positive that you are accepting what happened. Its an awful think to happen and leaves a big hole. I to have realised how much my husband did around the home. I now do bins, car to carwash, tip runs , cut grass and have even cleaned out the blocked, overflowing drain. Disgusting job. The little things that i didnt notine. He did so much. Nothing will ever be the same.

2 Likes

I remember, years ago, my husband sitting looking at his laptop one day, when I was really busy cleaning. This was unusual as he always did so much around the house. I must have got out of bed the wrong side because I said, ‘how can you sit there reading, when I am rushing about like a blue - ar*ed fly?’. He got out of the chair, grinned at me and said, ‘you’ll miss me when I’m gone!’
How very true that was.

4 Likes