Loss and grief

I have lost both my parents since 2012 and am still grieving, my mum passed away suddenly and my mental health has suffered , I feel lonely, I have anxious feelings and horrible intrusive thoughts. I am in a psychiatric hospital and am waiting for a counselling assessment and to see a key worker. My sleep is unpredictable and I dream a lot of strange dreams and sometimes nightmares.

Dear @IDH

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your parents. I do hope the Community will be of support and comfort to you at this time.

You can connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself by using the search bar above. The support here is incredible.

There are few resources I would like to share with you that may be of help and support to you at this time which can all be accessed online while you are waiting to be assessed for Counselling.

• The self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief Grief Guide
  • Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS. This service is also useful for family and friends
  • Information on the Stages of Grief
  • Our Bereavement Information pages which can walk you through what you are going through
  • There is also a blog on Losing a Parent which may be of help and support to you.

I hope all goes well for you. Take care.

Peppers

1 Like

Thank you Peppers.

1 Like