Loss both parents 5 weeks apart heart broken

I suddenly loss my father april 7th then my mother suddenly passed away the day before my fathers funeral.
I feel absolutely heartbroken. I’m experiencing all emotions numbness, guilt crying, anxiety is dreadful in morning having to take propanolol. I’m in total disbelief that my mum is laying in same funeral directors my dad was 2 weeks ago. I don’t know how I’m still living.

3 Likes

Hello Jadesarah1,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of both of your parents and how you are feeling. It must be such a shock. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

You may also find the following Sue Ryder resources helpful:

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please do keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Susannah

That is a terrible thing. I’m not surprised you are struggling. Thinking of you. Don’t feel guilty

Hi

It’s nine weeks today since I lost my Mum suddenly and unexpectedly. I understand that feeling of disbelief we are still somehow going.

I got hit last night with what a friend has called a ‘grief quake’. I can only describe it was being hit with all the emotions available at once.

This morning I have woken with the same physical symptoms as in the first hellish week - sweating, heart palps and shaking. Feel tired but am back at work though luckily work from home.

Being alone in the house for the first time really in my life (I am 48) is unreal.

Just want to send you a hug and know you are not alone

1 Like

Hi @Jadesarah1

I am so sorry for the loss of your parents. It must have been a horrific shock. You are in the very early stages of grief so everything you are feeling is normal.

As horrendous as it is, just keep putting one foot in front of the other…take it hour by hour and keep reaching out for support.

I lost my Dad very suddenly in January after he fell and hit his head. My world shattered and my heart smashed into a million pieces. I still have bad days where I do nothing but cry, feel numb, feel guilt but I am learning ways to deal with it.

Some people say time will help but I don’t think it does, I just think we find ways to cope with it.

I have also found writing down my feelings particularly on my bad days really helps as well as stepping out into nature.

Please keep reaching out, we are all here to help and support you and please message me if I can help in anyway!

Sending you big hugs, take care and take it one day at a time,

Roisin

2 Likes

I have a cousin.

her mother died. one week later the father died. stress from a heart attack … of grief.

I am SO very sorry. mine died three years apart. sometimes the grief is too overwhelming for them. they are at peace, together. but I am SO sorry … this is a board to come to.
deepest condolences …