Loss of a Mum

I’m 19 years old, when I was 17 I lost my mum. She passed away in her sleep. She was so healthy & happy. She was my best-friend. Never did I think I would be in this position, it has been the hardest 2 years of my life & I know that I have a lot more to come. The shock of her passing has never left, it was never meant to be this way. Some days you think that they’re not really gone & it’s all just a dream, some days it feels like they’re really gone & others you’re head is so confused that you can’t feel anything. I have never met anyway my age who is going through the same thing as me & I think that’s the hardest, I know there are people out there but it’s not just someone you can find. I never thought I’d make it this far without her but I’m so proud of all I’ve achieved in the time she’s been gone. Sending so much love to everyone🖤

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mum @keelstay. Thank you so much for sharing this with the community - I’m sure your words will bring comfort to others :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank-you, that’s really kind of you!

Your mum would be so proud of you and would definitely want you to find peace and happiness again… it will come for sure. I lost my brother 40 years ago suddenly when I was 14 and my mum again suddenly 12 weeks ago. In my darker moments I vow to live my life to the fullest and happiest. That’s what they both would want. Hugs to you.

1 Like