Loss of a parent

I lost my mother when I was thirteen, but have just lost my dad 5 weeks ago. I am 57, and the loss of my dad has really hit me hard. I have a grown-up daughter.

This could have been written by myself. Word for word apart from my mum died when I was 30. sorry to hear of your loss. I’m really struggling with the loss of my amazing dad. My daughter got married 2 weeks ago and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. He was missed by everyone. He knew he wasn’t going to make it so we couldn’t really speak about it as it made him really sad. I was emotionally exhausted after the wedding trying to remain upbeat when inside I’m crying

It helps to know there are people out there who feel as I do. I think its been hard this time because I now have no parents left.

1 Like

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Dad when I was 29 and my Mum, May this year. I was very much a Daddy’s girl, even after 17 years I still have my moments. I have to say though its been a different kind of grief with my Mum she was my best friend and we spent our weekends together.

Friends and family have said to me perhaps its different because its the last parent, I don’t know but the pain I feel I find it so hard to put into words.

1 Like

Sorry to hear of your loss too. My friend lost their dad 2 weeks after mine. My dad was also my friend and everything reminds me of him. It helps to speak with people who are going through the same thing. Its hard to imagine living the rest of my life without him. But I must go on for my daughter’s sake. She looked on him as a second dad.

2 Likes