Loss of Dad

Hi. I lost my Dad in october . He never really spoke about when he dies. Only he didnt want to buried. He had a cremation and he is with me at home. But now i am asking myself did i do the right thing. Is he happy been here with me or would he want to be scattered. I wanted to keep him here till i go and then we get scattered together but dont know if he is at rest with this. Is this normal to feel like this

2 Likes

@Kas13 I’d say what you are feeling is pretty normal. Not knowing someone’s final wishes & trying to think on their behalf what they’d like, to do them justice is a quandary. It will also drive you mad as you hash & rehash the events. You did what you thought was right & I’m sure he’d have appreciated that under difficult circumstances you made those decisions. We had to kind of speculate for my Dad too & between us we came up with a lovely service that I’m convinced he’d have approved of. I’m sure he’d have loved being in your care so try not to worry or procrastinate too much. It never helps. X

1 Like

Hi,
I lost my Dad late last year and I have all his ashes with me in a teddy bear. I want to keep him altogether and don’t want to part with him, and like you, until I go and then our ashes can be together.
I’m sorry for your loss.
:broken_heart:Xx

2 Likes

Hi thank you for the message. Did you also think the same way. And question are you doing the right thing . So sorry for your loss

I hope my Dad doesn’t mind me keeping all his ashes in a teddy bear and I hope it is the right thing. I don’t want to part with him. I can’t bear the separation. He was my everything.
:broken_heart:Xx