Loss of fiance

Hi I lost my fiancé many month ago I find it hard because I always thought I’d be the one to go first when I was diagnosed with cancer at 21 I’m just finding it so hard nobody understands and I just wanna drink and cry until I’m gone I need support because I don’t have anyone. My family all left me when I told them I was marrying a girl and now I don’t know what to do.

Hello LexRose99,

I’m so sorry to hear about losing your fiance. It sounds as though things are very tough for you at the moment, especially without the support of your family.

I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Take care and please keep reaching out to the community,

Susannah

Online Community team

2 Likes

Hi, how sad and I can understand why you want to drink and cry, I think we all know that feeling but for your family to walk away is hard. I think you are very strong to post and you should feel proud for posting. You have had such a hard time and what you really need is big cuddles from your family and I do hope they come around and think how special you are.
There’s a Facebook page that may help you.

Keep posting and reading others post but you are a very special person. Take care. S xxx

1 Like

@LexRose99 hi I am so very sorry for the loss of your fiancé and I am also sorry that your family left you its such a shame. love is love as long as you were happy that should have been all that mattered.do you think they might come around in time. you will find support here everyone here understands our pain and we all try to help eachother as best as we can and it definitely helps to talk to people who understand. I know how hard it can be with family.I have brothers who haven’t spoken to me since I came out at 17 I’m often around if you ever want to chat stay safe and take care sending hugs x