Loss of husband

My husband of 37 years suffered a cardiac arrest in front of me 8 weeks ago. He was initially resuscitated and we were given hope but sadly developed aspiration pneumonia and died in hospital. It was such an awful shock and I am in a state of total devastation. Family and friends have been wonderful but I just yearn for my husband the whole time.

8 Likes

I lost my wife of 48 years in January. She developed a brain tumour in November 2022, and had just had her first cycle of chemo but then developed pneumonia…it took her in one day. So sorry you have had to join this club…this forum has helped me greatly. Sending love :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Thank you and I’m so sorry that you lost your wife too. It’s good to speak to others who understand.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss and feel your pain, I also lost my husband 4 weeks ago and the pain is unbearable, I know the feeling of yearning to be with him again, I talk to mine all the time and look at photos on my phone and kiss his beautiful smiley face, it’s a pain like no other,

4 Likes

Im do sorry you lost your husband i lost mine five weeks ago totally unexpected,i feel guilt as i wasnt with him when he died ,i miss him so much i feel as though im just existing at the moment and just going through the day.I hate my life without him and cant stop crying i have family and friends who are great but i cant even sleep in my bed,i hate my life without him

3 Likes

@Steffers

It sure is :sleepy::broken_heart: sending big hugs xxx

3 Likes

@Dyane
13 weeks for me tomorrow and like you i have great friends but it’s torture without my soulmate :sleepy::sleepy::broken_heart:

Big hugs xxxx

4 Likes

Nobody can replace them can they ? That special man we had :frowning: god bless them ! Why is it always the men ? I was speaking to a friend of my husbands and he said a lot of it is a “man” thing cos they don’t like to go to doctors - i think that’s partly true you know - or think it was in my husbands case anyway … his words were - men and doctor’s … ???
Night xxx

1 Like

My Bry wasn’t bad with doctors , it’s me that never goes :see_no_evil:

Night hun , here’s to some sleep xxxx

2 Likes

Oh ok … some are though … night… and i will dream of hubby … miss him tonight ! Wishing he was here :frowning: its just too sad sometimes ;( and i would really like to hit something sometimes ! Do you ever feel like that ? Get so angry !! Xx night again gonna try sleep :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Deb5

I know my dad was a nightmare with doctors .

I do get angry & could quite easily hit something all the time :frowning:

Hope you managed to sleep - big hugs xx

2 Likes

I did thanks … i was tired … its just so hard … i miss him so much:( xx

1 Like

I know you do :sleepy: I do too . It’s like a recurring nightmare every single day :broken_heart: xxx

2 Likes

Yeh it is … im ok for a bit and then out of nowhere i just remember his face or a mannerism he had … i loved his little face :pensive: and then the tears come again ! What else can u do but cry cos its so sad … and my family really aren’t helping either ! They act as it never happened ! Its all a bit crackers if you ask me ! Talk about being in denial … they’re not even looking after me - ive gotta get through this by myself ! But ive made a vow now ! l will never help them again so i hope they realise that ! xx

2 Likes