Loss of my husband

I feel so alone and feel l cannot cope now my husband has passed

Hello angridd55. I am so sorry for your loss. You do not say when he died, because if it is recently, it is going to be a very hard journey before you can even think clearly because you will be on auto pilot and just living the best way you can, sorting out paperwork that we can honestly do without at a time like this, but it has to be done. If your husband died a few months or a few years ago, then the reality of it all will have now sunk in and that in my opinion is worse because you now know you will never see him again, there are no more memories where you are both together to be made. All I can say, whether your loss is recent or has been awhile, is to live day to day, even hour to hour, that is the only way we can survive this nightmare. Regards. Sheilax

1 Like

Dear angrid55, I am so sorry to hear of your loss and know exactly what you are going through. After 66 years of marriage, my lovely husband died in June this year. I am totally lost, and am having problems trying to live day to day without him. I keep going out for walks but winter is coming and it won’t be so easy then. All I can think of is being with him again but I would never self-harm because of my family. Each night before I go to sleep I pray that I will not wake up again. Isn’t that dreadful. There is nothing that I or anyone else can say to you that will make this terrible pain go away except that it will ease, so I am told, and one day you will feel better. I hope that is true. Best wishes Eileen

I know how you are feeling angridd55. I have just lost my beautiful husband and feel so alone too. My daughter lives 75 miles away and i have no other family. My husband was my rock, my world and I cant even begin to imagine my life without him. I keep thinking I will see him, and then remember I won’t. Please know you are not alone, even if its just me you talk to, someone who is going through the same pain.
Big brave hugs x

Sorry for your lost, I loss my husband a year ago I am lucky I have wonderful family and friends but stil feel so lonely and cheated out of our retirement, he worked hard all his life, then only had 3years.

I lost my husband 2 years in December very suddenly, the emptiness is hard the loneliness, even though I have an amazing family. I have to push myself every day to carry on with every day life. There is never a hour of the day I don’t think of him and cry for him. It is getting a little easier but I take every day as it comes, he also only had 3 months retirement all the plans gone it makes me angry I really know it was not his time. I am so sorry for your loss and hope what I am telling you helps in some way.xx