LOSS OF MY MUM

Hi My name is Teresa but people call me (Tre) am married with 2 boys and 4 grandkids,.

I lost my mum 12 years ago and it still seems as raw as it was that first day mum had passed, am not dealing with it very well people keep tellin me it time to get over her and let her go.
Thing is i am not in denial i know my mum has gone know am never going to see her untill my time comes. But am finding difficult to even say the words goodbye when i go the grave , i feel as thought if i say it thats it there is no way back so for now i say see you soon

Hi Tri, I’m so sorry about the loss of your Mum, I don’t think you ever get over losing your Mum, I think perhaps you might benefit from counselling, Sue Ruder does provide it and there is also Cruise, they might be able to help you to come to terms with your loss, everybody grieves differently, there is no right or wrong way, please be kind to yourself, sending love and hugs xx

1 Like

Thank you ,

I know i need counselling ,but i think if i go i might say the wrong thing .

Am terified of letting go i was speaing to me son telling him idont want him to be like me when i go . Hes seen how cclose i was to his nan,and hes really close to me

You can’t say the wrong thing, there is no right or wrong where grief is concerned, counsellors are there to listen, not judge, maybe it’s not the right time for you just now, but they will be there when you need them, in the meantime be kind to yourself xx

I’m so sorry - I lost my Dad 16 years ago then my sister 5 years ago and now my mum a month ago, All the grief has merged together and it’s so hard. Don’t feel you need to get over it. The grief stays the same but we grow to cope with it. Can’t say I always do it in a healthy way but talking is good. I’ve called cruse before. I have also invited friends round and drank too much wine. It is hard I know. X